Background

Wednesday 14 April 2010

Puppy Love.......

This is the first of today's offerings. I managed to skive a bit of time at work today and had a fabby time creating what I think are a couple of lovely cards.

This is made using one of my bargain stamps from a swap-shop we had at work, it's Daisy from DO. I've coloured her with my Brushables pens that I used with the watercolour technique by scribbling them onto an acrylic block and then picking up the colour with a waterbrush to apply to the stamped image.




Using Nestabilies labels die I then cut the image out and inked the edges. With the next size up die I cut a layer out of chocolate brown cardstock then stuck them both together.
Taking a 6" x 6" cream blank card I added a layer of Bo Bunny Sophie Bouquet just slightly smaller than the card. Then cut a 3" x 4.5" piece of Bo Bunny Sophie's Notebook and placed it with the backside showing just in from the left side. then cut another rectangle 2" x 5" from the same and place it over the last piece. now punch a border from the green card (I used a Woodware punch) to go width ways across the card just below the center line and wrap with a length of pink grosgrain ribbon. Fix the layered image in position and add a sentiment. Just to the bottom corner I've added three of my current favourite embellishments, Card Candy. These little dots of card come in many many colourways of assorted packs and are available from Bee Crafty.

I would like to thank Sam for letting me play away today while she got on doing her job which is creating beautiful projects for Bee Crafty. Her latest being an altered jigsaw which is available to see here on the blog.

Please pop over and see what she has been up too.

Thanks for dropping by....

Julie-Ann xxx

A Spoon Full of Sugar
Pollycraft Monday Challenge
Pink Elephant

3 comments:

darcy48 said...

Hi Julie just wanted to drop by and say what a lovely card you have made love the colours you have usedx

debby4000 said...

Oh this is adorable, sweet image and colours.
luv
Debby

Annie said...

ah how sweet and totally gorgeous is this card?
ann xxx
The Pink Elephant