Background

Saturday 19 January 2013

Little Red Book...



To be fair it started out as something quite different which goes to show it is always better to not have a set idea of where your going as what I've ended up with I'm so very pleased with...

It began with the idea of doing a gardening journal book with 'Rose Garden Abi' on the front but after the initial inking of the journal and sourcing some papers from my shelf I veered off in a completely different direction and I hope you like the result...


Found some really good quality but cheap hardback lined books in a stationary shop sale ages ago knowing that they would get used at some point, well that's what we do isn't it.

I inked all the edges including that ridge on the spine edge just to dull down the red a bit then covered it with the burgundy check paper that I inked the edges of also. 
Punched a border strip with a similar coloured burgundy card and added it to the spine edge followed by a strip of contrasting paper to 2/3rds across again inking the edges.
Where the 2 strips of paper meet I added a band of lace with a band of grosgrain. To this I then added a handmade bow all stuck down with a glue gun.




On the opening edge I used a diecut label to which I attached a metal embellishment and a little wooden knob, again inked with the same ink I used for the papers.
And to finish off a couple of metal corner embellishments...

I really hope you like it...


No comments: